Speak Out: Presiding Commissioner Election

Posted by Red Devil on Tue, Aug 3, 2010, at 10:42 AM:

I've already voted once for Jay today...may go back again.

Replies (19)

• Mrs.Wolf and myself were there early, 6am.

I voted for Tracy. Mrs. Wolf did the same.

We did so because Tracy has the best chance to beat Jay Purcell and we feel he is qualified to do the job. That being said, I hope everyone leaves their nice cool house or work place and takes the time to VOTE.

-- Posted by GREYWOLF on Tue, Aug 3, 2010, at 11:17 AM
  • I'm not voting. What's a President Commissioner, anyway? ;)

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Aug 3, 2010, at 12:29 PM
  • Shapley, that doesn't surprise me....the ones that always raise he-- and have a comment on everything usually aren't even registered to vote.

I will remember voting not being worth your time.

-- Posted by Red Devil on Tue, Aug 3, 2010, at 1:11 PM
  • Red Devil wrote:

"Shapley, that doesn't surprise me....the ones that always raise he-- and have a comment on everything usually aren't even registered to vote."

I've been registered and voting since I was 18. Illinois has already held its primary, and we don't have Presiding Commissioners...

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Aug 3, 2010, at 2:11 PM
  • I guess some people don't know what the little wink symbol ;) is about...

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Aug 3, 2010, at 2:46 PM
  • When do the polls close? Am sure some eager beaver will post the final results the moment they become available.

-- Posted by voyager on Tue, Aug 3, 2010, at 3:11 PM
  • Hope the vote goes like the absentee voting.

-- Posted by mynameismud on Tue, Aug 3, 2010, at 7:52 PM
  • From what I just heard on the news, Republican ballots outsold Democratic ballots by about 2 to 1 statewide today.

I believe this is not good news for the liberals.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Aug 3, 2010, at 10:25 PM
  • Wheels, more bad news for the liberals is surely forthcomingYou should have heard

ed Schultz and Chris Matthews on MSNBC tonight. Taking their usual pot shots at Palin. They are alarmed she night get the Republican nomination. But the most curious thing is the drop Biden in 2012 andf put Hilliary on vp ticket. She's going to run in 2016. Common sense she doesn't want to have to carry Obama's baggage.

And MSNBC is pea green with envy of Fox News.

Really you should watch MSNBC more often and discover what's really on the liberals minds.

-- Posted by voyager on Tue, Aug 3, 2010, at 10:47 PM
  • Voyager,

I think the Show Me State may have shown them a thing or two tonight. Last time I looked the Prop C vote on the Health Care Issue was about 75% to 25%. But I doubt even votes like that in other states is going to sway Obama. He considers himself intellectually superior to us inferior subjects.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Aug 3, 2010, at 10:57 PM
  • It's too bad Jay couldn't use all of his user names on this site to vote or he might of won. It's funny he hasn't posted any tonight though, I wonder why...

-- Posted by Cape's Advocate on Tue, Aug 3, 2010, at 11:06 PM
  • Wheels, the Prop C was big new on MSNBC tonight. I gathered their opinion is the vote is inconsequential. Their are a little more concerned by the Virginia law suit.

I can not believe tha Obama is not taking due note of the Missouri vote. He is not a stupid man. Then again neither are we. November is going to be a big surprise for somebody.

-- Posted by voyager on Tue, Aug 3, 2010, at 11:09 PM
  • Just got in, I called Clint Tracy and congratulated him on his victory, I sign my name as I always do, thanks to everyone that voted and took part in our process, The citizens have spoke and we need to get on with the citizens bussiness. Thanks, Jay Purcell

-- Posted by J Purcell on Tue, Aug 3, 2010, at 11:12 PM
  • I said in the very beginning you should not judge a candidate by his supporters or his detractors.

Rather judge him by his own actions and positions. I hope that has been the case with the voters in Cape County.

-- Posted by voyager on Tue, Aug 3, 2010, at 11:19 PM
  • Voyager,

It almost hurts too much to watch MSNBC!

Right now I am watching something really important. A Bullet for Sandoval. It is a horse opera filmed in 1970. I didn't have time to watch it then, so it is like a just released movie for me.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Aug 3, 2010, at 11:28 PM
  • It just tickles me to report I watch MSNBC to get my news. Liberals can't accuse me of only listening to FOX News.

The trick, Wheels,is to listen to MSNBC in reverse. I gives you a clearer line of the liberal positions. I consider it a form of self-flagellation. You know, mea culpa and such.

Lately, I've been watching the Military Channel, History International, and National Geographic Wild.

-- Posted by voyager on Tue, Aug 3, 2010, at 11:41 PM
  • I consider it a form of self-flagellation.

-- Posted by voyager on Tue, Aug 3, 2010, at 11:41 PM

I always heard that was morally wrong. ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 4, 2010, at 12:08 AM
  • Wheels, beware the "moral" person, they're usually liberals. I'm a bent for leather sinner myself. More fun, less effort.

-- Posted by voyager on Wed, Aug 4, 2010, at 8:39 AM
  • Also heard it could make you go blind.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Aug 4, 2010, at 8:41 PM

Respond to this thread