Speak Out: New I phones for SEMO Admissions Counselors

Posted by Wthrman24 on Wed, Jul 7, 2010, at 11:17 AM:

Between 10-12 brand new 4th generation I phones have been distributed to Admissions counselors at the Southeast Missouri State University main campus. These phones aren't just for admissions counselors, they also include the Vice President for Enrollment Management & Director of Admissions, the Assistant Director of Admissions for Operations and Communications, and the Associate Director of Admissions.

The 16 gigabyte model starts at $199.99, while the 32 gigabyte model starts at $299.99. That equates to a minimum of $2591.87 for the 16gb model, or $3887.87 for the 32gb model. Ladies and gentleman these totals are for the purchase of the phones alone. Don't forget the added costs for USB power adapters, I phone protective covers, insurance, and the monthly bill for each phone. If you are wondering where your son or daughters tuition is being spent, you have finally found the answer.

Replies (11)

• All I can do is talk on my 3 1/2 year old Samsung.

It was free with a 2 year contract.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Jul 7, 2010, at 11:21 AM
  • I loathe and detest cell phones, most especially in some of the places in which they are used. There are times I curse Alexander Bell for ever inventing the confounded telephone.

-- Posted by voyager on Wed, Jul 7, 2010, at 11:27 AM
  • Now Voyager, how in blazes would I know what to do if my wife couldn't call me every time I get out of shouting distance.?

Actually I hate phones as well.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Jul 7, 2010, at 11:33 AM
  • If you are going to teach the new technology, ya better use the new technology. Probably just keeping up with the students. These communication tools do amazing things.

-- Posted by blogbudsman on Wed, Jul 7, 2010, at 11:55 AM
  • Voyager, I recently answered the door to let a tv-service tech in. He had one of those things hooked on his ear and when I said come in, he held up one of those "wait one minute I'm on the phone" fingers.

I came close to telling him I knew a dr. with a surgical procedure to remove that thing.

Blog, If these folks are teachers of the technology, you have a point.

Wheels, After you've been married long enough you will get used to it.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Jul 7, 2010, at 9:03 PM
  • WHYNOT, I know a little about tools. Respect for tools is greatly enhanced with ownership aquired with hard earned money.

I heard a farmer say he couldn't buy good screw drivers because he lost so many. Someone said if you pay enough for good screw drivers, you wont lose them.

Too much of today's world evolves around someone else doing the spending and too many users doing the losing.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Jul 7, 2010, at 9:41 PM
  • Old John,

How long does it take... going on 53 years now!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Jul 7, 2010, at 10:36 PM
  • "That equates to a minimum of $2591.87 for the 16gb model, or $3887.87 for the 32gb model."

That's nothing, Dr. Dobbins spends more than that for his wine and cheese parties.

-- Posted by mynameismud on Fri, Jul 9, 2010, at 11:05 PM
  • Wheels, You got me there!

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Jul 9, 2010, at 11:29 PM
  • Old John, if anyone is so improvident to hold up the "I'm on the phone" finger, I will return the finger signal to them and it will have nothing to do with being on the phone or anywhere near one.

-- Posted by voyager on Sat, Jul 10, 2010, at 12:08 AM
  • I don't know, the new phones aren't hardly even phones anymore (just one of their features). I would think they would be a great assist for managing their time. Theoretically it could make them more productive and well worth the expense.

-- Posted by blogbudsman on Mon, Jul 12, 2010, at 6:14 AM

Respond to this thread