Speak Out: The past is prologue to the future

Posted by oldphil on Sat, Jul 25, 2009, at 7:53 AM:

OldPhil remembers that quote from some class he stayed awake in, and sees that it speaks to Obama's push for government run Universal Health Care, because, you see, we already have government run health care. Look at the VA Healthcare System and how well it has performed in the last few years. Marion, IL VA Hospital performed surgeries so poorly (read unnecessary deaths) that it is prohibited from performing all but the most minor of surgeries. It failed to do a background check on a surgeon whose license had been revoked in another state. In Florida about 10,000 colonoscopies were performed VA Clinics with non sterile irrigating equipment (YUK--you know what was not cleaned out!!). As a result, all 10,000 must be tested, at government expense, and with much inconvenience for the patient, for HIV/AIDS and hepatitis. WOW!! I guess there was no time to read tha manual. And the worst, absolute worst example of the government foul-ups took place at Walter Reed Army Medical Center where wounded soldiers were warehoused in wards with leaky ceilings and cockroaches--THAT'S RIGHT--COCKROACHES FALLING OFF THE CEILING ONTO WOUNDED SOLDIERS!! Thank goodness someone has closed that ward, but it should never have happened. Government run healthcare--I don't want any of it. There are, I'm sure, some well run VA facilities, but the government's history is clear, and scary.

Respond to this thread