Speak Out: Speak Out 3-16-23

Posted by BoxingFan75 on Sat, Mar 18, 2023, at 11:45 PM:

I happen to love Daylight Savings Time. I love that time of year when it is dark between 5:00-5:30 PM. Maybe it has to do with my love of the holidays and seeing the Christmas lights early in the evening, but I wouldn’t give that up for anything.

Replies (7)

• There's nothing "illogical" about daylight savings time (or about the state of the nation.)

All it does is move an hour of daylight from early morning, when people are trying to sleep, to the evening when people are trying to enjoy the outdoors.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sun, Mar 19, 2023, at 8:09 AM

Daylight Saving Time must have been a Democrat idea if Leftau defends it. I do not care one way or the other. But the name is a ruse in itself, so i suggest it probably was a Democrat idea. You cannot save "time", there is 24 hours of it in a day to use to your best sdvantage.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Mar 19, 2023, at 11:14 AM

Like all of these so called "time saving" devices we have. You don't save time, you make better use of it to get more done in the same amount of time would be my logic.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Mar 19, 2023, at 11:29 AM
  • Good point, Mr. VanGennip, moving an hour of daylight from just after dawn to before dusk, is placing the "daylight hours" to where they can be made "better use of."

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Sun, Mar 19, 2023, at 3:02 PM

Leftau you don't move time you reset it to suit your purpose. No different than going to bed and decide you are sleep deprived. So you reset your alarm to get up at seven instead of six. You didn't change time you adjusted your alarm. We don't add time with daylight savings time, we adjust the clock.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Mar 19, 2023, at 10:08 PM
  • I don't have the "time" to explain this again. No one said a word about "adding time." Call it whatever you want to.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Mon, Mar 20, 2023, at 12:05 AM

I don't have the "time" to explain this again. No one said a word about "adding time." Call it whatever you want to.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Mon, Mar 20, 2023, at 12:05 AM

Nor do we move it Leftau, we just reset our clocks.

"Good point, Mr. Good point, Mr. VanGennip, moving an hour of daylight from just after dawn to before dusk, is placing the "daylight hours" to where they can be made "better use of."

"moving an hour of daylight from just after dawn to before dusk, is placing the "daylight hours" to where they can be made "better use of.""

The above is what I was referring to. We reset our clocks and in the case of "Daylight Saving Time" it is by Governmental Mandate that we do so.

You are the one stating we moved time, not me.

And as an FYI Leftau, I don't need your help, I have managed my life and learning experiences in life quite well without your help and will continue to do so. Got that Little Man?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Mar 20, 2023, at 8:25 AM

Respond to this thread