Speak Out: Speak Out 7/20/20

Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, Jul 20, 2020, at 11:54 AM:

Comparing deaths

Comparing mortality rates: COVID-19 deaths, 388.93 per million (38.893 per 100,000); deaths from heart disease, 1,988 per million (198.9 per 100,000). Which one of these do you have the greatest risk of dying from?

Mask study

I have heard everything. Now they are saying we can go in a restaurant as long as we wear a mask. We are allowed to take our mask off to eat and then put it back on when we are finished eating. Do any of these people making these rules have any common sense. What I want someone to tell me: Where is the scientific evidence that wearing a cloth mask actually works? The government is always doing studies. If officials told us to stand on one leg, jump up and down while flapping our arms and we would not ever get the virus, I guess some people would follow like sheep.

COVID vs. abortion

Which crisis deserves the most attention: COVID-19 deaths of 388.93 per million or Abortions at 20,800 per million? Perhaps more time should be put into preventing abortions instead of bullying people to wear masks.

Fall sports

So it's not safe for the entire Ivy League conference to have ANY Fall sports, but we're to believe our local high school teams have figured it out? C'mon, man! If schools and coaches cared about kids, sports would be canceled and we'd be focused on education.

Losing freedom

We are slowly losing our freedoms in America. All the government controls on our daily life are increasingly turning our country into a Communist country. They told us to close our businesses for the better of the whole country's health. Most did, except the larger stores where more people can gather in one place. Now they are telling us that some can reopen and only if they follow their guidelines. They threaten us with fines and jail time if we don't wear a mask. I did not vote for any health officials. Their job is to inform the public and to make suggestions, not make or enforce laws. This is what happens when our education system refuses to teach civics and history. People just blindly follow like lost sheep.

Wear the mask

Wearing a mask protects you, not me. You wearing a mask protects me, not you. Wear a mask.

Replies (3)

• Our freedoms are also being lost in our houses of worship. A place where hope is nurtured, christian fellowship takes place, and love is shared has been deemed by some pastors as "too dangerous" to assemble. Makes you wonder what political party is pulling their strings???

-- Posted by Sunny Day on Mon, Jul 20, 2020, at 12:09 PM

Comparing deaths: Wonder what the death rate for shooting victims in Chicago is?

Mask study & Wear the mask: Are not germs exhaled while eating our food? If you want to be safe from those not wearing their masks then stand home or stay 6 ft. away from those folks.

COVID vs. abortion: Give women masks to wear for birth control.

Fall sports: Sports and the education of students should be done at all levels of the school districts this Fall.

Losing freedom: Non-elected officials can not tell folks what to do Legally. The mayors and Governors have this power because the majority of the citizens voted them into office.

And that's the way it should be according to Schaefer's World....Monday July 20, 2020.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, Jul 20, 2020, at 12:13 PM

Turtle: Twilight Zone was a good tv show as well as was Outer Limits.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, Jul 20, 2020, at 2:14 PM

Respond to this thread