Speak Out: Speak Out 5/01/20

Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, May 1, 2020, at 6:46 AM:

Narrative peddlers

The majority of the public doesn't trust the media, so it's comical when they fact check anything. The media doesn't include the traditional definition of journalists, but instead is nothing more than a group of narrative peddlers.

Flooding concern

The Governors of all states adjacent to the Mississippi River were to discuss why the Mississippi River flooding of 2019 lasted for such a long duration and why it reached the levels that it did. This flooding prevented thousands of acres from being planted and it destroyed property. The Mississippi River at Cape Girardeau has been just below the flood stage for almost two years now, thus it doesn't take much rain to cause it to rise above flood stage. Farmers want to plant crops this year. Do we have any answers?

Science news

I am a retired mechanical engineer and have been a member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) since I was in school. I receive the ASME Journal monthly and the ASME Smart Briefs weekly. I am amazed and encouraged by the technology and science which is being applied to mitigate the effects of the coronavirus, from ultraviolet lights on robots to disinfect hospital rooms, using three dimensional printing to manufacture protective equipment such as face shields, and to designing ventilators and respirator assists cheaper and easier to make just to name a few. I believe that should there be a resurgence of the virus in the fall we, as a society, will be in a much better position to deal with it.

Clinton endorsement

It is no surprise to me that Hillary Clinton endorsed Joe Biden. She was married to a man that sexually assaulted women. It only stands to reason she should endorse another. She is not known as the great enabler for nothing.

Wasted spending

Bailout payments to people receiving government checks are just attempts to buy votes. These politicians are spending money they don't have to send money to people who mostly didn't have jobs in the first place. How many generations of our families are going to be paying for this nonsense?

Ear plugs?

It is probably a good idea to wear a mask in public to combat the coronavirus, but I have another recommendation. The other thing a person should do is wear a set of ear plugs while watching the liberal news media to keep from getting Trump Derangement Syndrome. Or you could watch Fox News. Same effect.

Open schools

Schools should be the first thing to open back up. Students are the lowest risk group, and this virus requires no special medical monitoring other than what schools were already doing. There are no other symptoms to monitor that are drastically different than any other basic and routine monitoring that occur everyday at schools, with our without a nurse.

Replies (25)

Narrative peddlers: Question, why is there distrust for the media....most put out info on their outlets that have not been double-checked for accuracy. They just want to be the first with the scoop of the day no matter if it's 50, 70, or 90% true.

Flooding concern: It's either drought or flooding these days. All the levees up and down the River creates a higher river level that is one step from overflowing and breaking through these manmade levees.

Science news: A better position to deal with any further outbreaks of the Chinese Virus or any other one that China might release, if the local, State, and Federal governments maintain a supply of all the PPE, testing swabs, ventilators, and disinfectants in stockpiles sufficient to handle any breakouts.

Clinton endorsement: Hillary wants to be Sleepy Joe's VP....all I can say about that is Joe, don't suicide yourself.

Wasted spending: Short term help for those filing first-time unemployment claims due to the Virus should be helped but not to the States that carried billions in debt prior to the Virus outbreak. It's ok to help the States for losses due to the Virus but nothing more. That free stuff to the Illegals is coming back and biting them in the behind.

Ear plugs? What, can't hear you. It's easy to gripe and hard to make solid recommendations for problems. Good old fashion common sense should be used by those that have any.

Open schools: Only if the school year is extended to June 30 and not to start back up till the day after Labor Day. Anything else would be a waste of time by all.

And that's the way it should be according to Schaefer's World....Friday May 1, 2020.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, May 1, 2020, at 7:34 AM
  • When I saw this statement..."These politicians are spending money they don't have to send money to people who mostly didn't have jobs in the first place", I wonder where this person has been? Unemployment was down to around 4% so to state that money was sent to most people that didn't have a job is totally false. Most people DID have jobs.

-- Posted by Sunny Day on Fri, May 1, 2020, at 7:55 AM

Has this been double checked for accuracy ?

-- Posted by Diseased.Turtle on Fri, May 1, 2020, at 7:48 AM

No, I'm not a paid journalist so I can voice my opinions....you doubt that statement.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, May 1, 2020, at 8:18 AM
  • 19 women (there are actually more)have accused our current President of sexual assault, and this was after he bragged about one on tape. Yet, Evangelical leaders still support him! It is never ok, and if Biden is guilty he should be treated like anyone else found guilty. (I would add that not one lawyer will take her case, which says a lot) Trump should also be held accountable, and the rest of the Nation should quit being hypocrites!

-- Posted by Candor on Fri, May 1, 2020, at 8:35 AM

-- Posted by Diseased.Turtle on Fri, May 1, 2020, at 8:41 AM

I'll type s l o w l y - the so-called journalists are paid to perform a job and have backup by a host of employees of the network so they need to get the story right the first time. I'm not a paid journalist and have no employees so it's my opinion unless I furnish a link. Is that clear now or should I send my 10 year grandson over to explain it to you?

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, May 1, 2020, at 9:08 AM

4 million more People filed for unemployment , the total is now 30 million workers , or , 1 out of every 5 .

-- Posted by Diseased.Turtle on Fri, May 1, 2020, at 9:06 AM

Yep, thanks to the Chinese government....do you think that the USA should file a lawsuit against China to recoup the loss by the USA citizens affected by their experiment that went bad and released into the world.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, May 1, 2020, at 9:11 AM

Trump should also be held accountable, and the rest of the Nation should quit being hypocrites!

-- Posted by Candor on Fri, May 1, 2020, at 8:35 AM

None of Trump's accusers were successful with any complaints and now even Stormy Daniels said that her accusations were made up.... let's see what Tara Reade does next, if she doesn't sue or bring charges against Biden then the accusation should be dropped. If she does sue or bring charges she should be given the same due that Ms. Ford got by the news media.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, May 1, 2020, at 9:17 AM

-- Posted by Diseased.Turtle on Fri, May 1, 2020, at 9:17 AM

Apparently, you still don't get it or refuse to understand so I'll send him over to explain it to you. Sad

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, May 1, 2020, at 9:19 AM

The State of Missouri has already tried this..

-- Posted by Diseased.Turtle on Fri, May 1, 2020, at 9:14 AM

No court scheduled yet that I know of.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, May 1, 2020, at 9:22 AM
  • Schaefer, you are out of touch with what is happening with Trump's law suits. He was able to pay off a few, but most his lawyers have been able to tangle up in the court system. They are not gone, and of course the one on tape is undisputed!

Now, I assume you did not respect my comment, but how can you argue with truth? Did you not respect it because I pointed out what we all know, but you don't want to admit?

-- Posted by Candor on Fri, May 1, 2020, at 9:27 AM

Candor, I hit don't respect because I don't agree with you - simple as that....BTW, guess you never hit don't respect on my comments - do you. I really don't care hit away.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, May 1, 2020, at 9:31 AM

If he's like Grandpa, the Closet Democrat will be schooled once again.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sat, May 2, 2020, at 9:45 AM

If workers at Walmart, Lowes, Target, grocery stores, drug stores, and other essential stores can be open for business then the House & Senate can also be working for America. Open up Congress on Monday 5/4/20.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sat, May 2, 2020, at 9:50 AM
  • Schaefer's World, don't feed the Liberal Trolls. They will just from one thing to another. From 2016 to 2019 it was all about Russian Collusion. Then it was the Impechment and the Ukraine. The COVID-19 is just the new Russian Collusion. And they will jump from their hero of the day, first it was James Comey, then it was Robert Mueller, not that long ago it was Adam Schiff and now it is Anthony Fauci.

The way I see it they have been wrong since 2016. The 2020 Election will be exactly the same the 2016 Election.

-- Posted by Joseph Lowes on Sun, May 3, 2020, at 9:40 PM
  • Posted by Diseased.Turtle on Fri, May 1, 2020, at 9:06 AM

So you are going to ignore that under

President Trump more people had jobs then under Homeboy Obama. And that the Unemployment happening now is a result of something outside of his control. Boy you Democrats are a unreasonable lot.

-- Posted by Joseph Lowes on Sun, May 3, 2020, at 9:49 PM
  • Are you from Russia Joseph? About 6.7 million jobs have been created since Trump took office in 2017, a number that is solid but not unprecedented. In the 36 months BEFORE the 2016 election, the US economy added more than 8 million jobs! Check the facts!

-- Posted by Candor on Mon, May 4, 2020, at 7:34 AM

-- Posted by Candor on Mon, May 4, 2020, at 7:34 AM

If you would had read -- Posted by Joseph Lowes on Sun, May 3, 2020, at 9:49 PM and not jump on that anti-Trump keyboard you would have read: "Under President Trump more people had jobs then under Homeboy Obama."

That's had jobs not created jobs.

The unemployment rate during February 2020 was 3.5% and under Obama in October 2016 was 4.9% which means more folks had a job under Trump than Obama. Check the facts!

https://www.bls.gov/charts/employment-situation/civilian-unemployment-rate.htm

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, May 4, 2020, at 8:48 AM

Currently, there is no vaccine or cure for CANCER, ALZHEIMERS, DIABETES, ALS, MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY, AIDS, HIV, EBOLA, SARS, or COVID-19. As Franklin Roosevelt said, "Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself". So on this opening day in Missouri just use common sense which should be the rule for every day.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, May 4, 2020, at 9:14 AM

How many have jobs now , May 4 , 2020 ...

-- Posted by .Rick on Mon, May 4, 2020, at 9:00 AM

And you blame President Trump and not China - a true Closet Democrat.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, May 4, 2020, at 9:16 AM

President Trump got the unemployment rate down to 3.5% and he will do it again in his second term with or without help from the Democrats.

BTW, where is Sleepy Joe?

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, May 4, 2020, at 9:19 AM
  • Mr. Schaefer,

He was able to get the unemployment rate down to 3.5% because President Obama got the rate down from about 10% to about 4.7%.

President Trump should ask President Obama to help him again.

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Mon, May 4, 2020, at 12:01 PM

-- Posted by Rick Lettau on Mon, May 4, 2020, at 12:01 PM

Big difference between the two numbers or can't you do the math. The percentage would probably been lower than 3.5% because there is a level in that area were the amount of porch sitters wouldn't get a job if their life depended on it. Never fear President Trump in his 2nd term will get it back down to 3.5%. BTW, where is the Sleepy Biden? Afraid to come out and answer some Tara Reade questions.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, May 4, 2020, at 12:15 PM

I simply ask how many are working now , May 4 , 2020 .

No blame , no names , a number .-- Posted by .Rick on Mon, May 4, 2020, at 2:43 PM

I already replied to your sock puppet this morning.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, May 4, 2020, at 2:56 PM

America is facing one of the biggest crises of our time. Essential workers are showing up to their jobs. President Trump and the Senate are in DC working but Pelosi has the House members sitting at home drawing their salaries for doing nothing. What's wrong with this picture?

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, May 4, 2020, at 3:07 PM
  • I wonder how long it will take for them to blame Trump for the Murder Hornets? .Rick you always like blaming Trump, here is something new.

https://www.bbc.com/news/52533585

-- Posted by Joseph Lowes on Mon, May 4, 2020, at 3:12 PM

Respond to this thread