Speak Out: 3/8/18

Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 7:56 AM:

Due process?

Our governor is accused of threatening to post a nude photo on the net of a woman in which he had an affair. He is indicted and will stand trial. It amazed me that when a woman accused a man automatically he is guilty. What if the governor was accusing the woman of the same thing? He would be laughed to scorn. All we have is the accusation, where is the physical proof! He may be guilty and he may not. We really should examine the source of the accusation before we pass judgment. We must ask ourselves this question, "Would I want to be convicted on just the verbal accusation of an individual?" Let's give the governor the same consideration we would want if we were in the position. If he is guilty then he should resign.

Oak Ridge school

Oak Ridge voters: Please do NOT be mislead by lies. First and foremost if school safety was first priority we would have made many improvements a long time ago. Our bus lane is fine! It's a central location and many people including staff wants it to STAY. Also for safety reasons put your preschool in the main building, this CAN be done. Being a rural area our vo-tech should of never been taken away in the first place! Also fix the air conditioners so the rooms don't get mold in them! There's been too many "plans" that I heard Dr. Eftink talk about to feel good about what he's wanting to do!

Investigate

A caller lamented that Governor Greitens is the victim of a witch hunt perpetrated by a prosecutor funded by mega donor George Soros. While it is true both political parties are swimming in money from mega donors like Soros, Rex Sinquefield, and the Koch brothers, the Governor has admitted to infidelity. Suspected sexual misconduct by elected officials should be investigated, and failing to do so would be a disservice to Missouri citizens. Let's dispense with party line rhetoric and get on with the investigation.

Police station

Per the story in the newspaper on March 6, the report also showed incidents of crime by council ward. More crimes were reported in Ward 2 on the city's south side than in any of the five other wards. So why did the police move so far away from the crime area? It took them 15 minutes or more to respond when they were in the old building.

Liquor law

From Tuesday's paper: Liquor-law violations dropped by 44 percent, from 124 to 118. Blair credited stricter city regulations and enforcement for the decline.

Replies (9)

• -- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 7:58 AM

Due process & Investigate: He say she say, give the Governor his day in court and not in the media.

Oak Ridge school: Students should be made safe and healthy while attending school - it's up to everyone to demand that this be done.

Police station: The police station doesn't respond to calls it's the patrol cars who can be patrolling near the trouble areas at various times.

Liquor law: Maybe it was the bad weather that kept folks home.

And that's the way it should be according to Schaefer's World....Thursday March 8, 2018.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 8:14 AM

I agree with the Due Process comment.

Get on with the investigation and bring it to a conclusion. Let the chips fall where they may.

The woman and her character should be investigated as thoroughly as the Governor's. Poor judgement appears to have been used by both parties.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 8:20 AM

"Liquor-law violations dropped by 44 percent, from 124 to 118. Blair credited stricter city regulations and enforcement for the decline."

Is this the new math, or am I just not awake yet?

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 8:32 AM
  • Due process?...isn't the Governor going through due process now and aren't resigning and due process two different things .

Liquor law....who's Blair ?

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 8:36 AM
  • Wheels

Cape's Accounting Dept. at it's finest...

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 8:38 AM

Wheels: Good catch.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 8:41 AM

It's been a few days since I was ciphering back in that little white school house, but it surely didn't compute by what I had larned back then.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 8:58 AM

Wheels I read that twice to make sure I read it right! It was one of those things that causes a double take.

Must be some of that Common Core BS.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Thu, Mar 8, 2018, at 12:40 PM

Respond to this thread