Speak Out: 2/23/18

Posted by David Schaefer on Fri, Feb 23, 2018, at 8:07 AM:

School safety

I just read the Southeast Missourian and not one word about what our local schools are doing or going to do to protect our children. I don't think an AP article is going to tell them. With the hundreds of thousands of dollars being spent for artificial turf to protect a selected few from concussions how much is a life worth?

Gun restrictions

Sorry to say the young students have more sense then the adults of today. More common sense gun control is needed. In no way that would take the guns from the hunters. But out of the availability of someone not thinking mentally right.

Replies (16)

School safety: Sports always come first in the school district's spending.

Gun restrictions: You should have said Some young students. IMO, some of the students are pawns of CNN and his retired FBI agent father. All they know to do is to yell Gun Control. Don't they know that criminals don't abide by laws thus they are criminals....only the law abiding citizens are affected by any new gun control laws. However, they are right in saying more and better mental health needs to be provided for those in need.

And that's the way it should be according to Schaefer's World....Friday February 23, 2018.

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Fri, Feb 23, 2018, at 8:25 AM
  • School safety...what do you suggest ? What does artificial turf have to do with gun control ? ...how much is a life worth----go over to the local abortion clinic , they can tell you exactly

Gun restrictions....I'm not sure if letting Specific High School teens determine Legislation for all 300 million Americans is common sense or mentally thinking right .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Fri, Feb 23, 2018, at 8:58 AM

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Fri, Feb 23, 2018, at 8:58 AM

Rick,

Those children, and that is what they are, experienced a horrific situation that most of us never have to witness, no question about it, but that does not automatically upgrade them to the stature of wisdom it takes to make policy for 300 million people.

Letting children make decisions they are not ready for is symptomatic of what is wrong with too many of our children today. Parents want to be buddies with their children instead of parents. Be good to your children, but understand that you are their teacher not visa versa.

The hysterical hand wringing needs to stop and calmer minds prevail.

Gun free zones are the modern killing fields for the mentally warped.

Treat the mentally ill at all costs and the killing will stop.

Make some more gun laws that will only be enforced on law abiding sane people and it will continue.

-- Posted by Ralph VanGennip on Fri, Feb 23, 2018, at 9:56 AM

Did anyone lose their job in the FBI or the local police for dropping the ball on the shooter? We all make mistakes but normally our mistakes don't cost the lives of 17 people.

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Fri, Feb 23, 2018, at 6:22 PM

Last I heard is that one Dep. Sheriff resigned and 2 more were disciplined I think.

Of course nothing from anything higher up. Someone screwed up big time but you probably will never hear a name.

They are yelling about the Deputy who didn't enter the building but most Law Enforcement teaches them to wait for back up before they enter so I am not sure what was up there. Not knowing where the shooter was or if there was more than one he probably wasn't sure what to do.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Fri, Feb 23, 2018, at 6:39 PM
  • I'm trying to remember if anyone ever blamed a gun anytime when a policeman had to use one.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Fri, Feb 23, 2018, at 6:42 PM

OJ ,

If they did I have never heard it!

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Fri, Feb 23, 2018, at 6:49 PM
  • Of course not,they blamed the cop.

-- Posted by R. W. Bess on Fri, Feb 23, 2018, at 7:12 PM
  • Wheels

Those kids have re-action and pro-action mixfused . The media are using them to toy with the Nation's emotions after a tragedy , which it was , which it always will be .

There are still an unknown amount of these weapons that have been sold and in the public's possession , how many have been stolen or traded for contraband is anyone's guess . A knee jerk change the Law now will not prevent another lunatic from doing the same thing to another school , this media event just might give them the courage for name and fame in history , who knows with lunatics . I believe 3 kinds of the right hand guns can shoot 17 People anyway .

The thing is , it won't necessarily have to be a school , it can be another Vegas type deal . Nobody ever did figure that one out .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Fri, Feb 23, 2018, at 9:52 PM
  • When we were kids the Elders taught us the different kinds of guns , how they worked , what they were used for , and when to use them . I guess Elders don't do these things anymore . We had no use for AR15 , machine guns , or stuff like that . I was told don't point a gun at somebody unless I was going to use it...

But then , the Elders taught us how to make bow and arrows , how to use them , and when too , the same as knives ...

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Fri, Feb 23, 2018, at 10:02 PM
  • I still ask , why no mass shootings in the inner City schools , they are all in the suburbs . Because..everybody carry in the City and everybody knows it too , they don't play that shat . Even the LEOs know everybody carry ....

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Fri, Feb 23, 2018, at 10:11 PM
  • -- Posted by Karen Jones on Sat, Feb 24, 2018, at 4:58 PM

First it was the FBI who failed their job of investigating leads of the Florida shooter. Then the local police responding from 23 to 39 times (from different reports) to the same house of the woman taking care of the shooter after his mom died with one statement that he's got a gun up to the head of his brother and it's not the first time....can you say mental illness. Then the 4 coward sheriff deputies outside of the building who failed to go into the building and save the lives of the students and teachers. What a mess and then the NRA is blamed for it all - good grief are the news media brain dead or is there another agenda they are promoting. Never mind the scripted CNN roundtable discussion that CNN had and the "warm up act" that got the audience worked up before the TV cameras came on.

https://www.newsmax.com/us/broward-county-sheriffs-deputies-florida-school-shoot...

Schaefer's World

-- Posted by David Schaefer on Sun, Feb 25, 2018, at 9:00 AM

This is turning into the same bs that happened with the Confederate Battle Flag.

Now all these companies are hitting back at the NRA who had nothing to do with any of this! The Law Enforcement agencies involved from County to Federal levels are the ones who allowed this to happen.

Everything that was reported and the many times he was dealt with had nothing to do with the NRA.

-- Posted by Karen Jones on Sun, Feb 25, 2018, at 9:12 AM
  • -- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Fri, Mar 2, 2018, at 7:06 PM
  • -- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Fri, Mar 2, 2018, at 7:08 PM

Respond to this thread