Speak Out: US Code Title 18 Section 2071

Posted by rocknroll on Sun, May 22, 2016, at 4:06 PM:

18 U.S. Code 2071

"(a) Whoever willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, or destroys, or attempts to do so, or, with intent to do so takes and carries away any record, proceeding, map, book, paper, document, or other thing, filed or deposited with any clerk or officer of any court of the United States, or in any public office, or with any judicial or public officer of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

(b) Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States. As used in this subsection, the term “office” does not include the office held by any person as a retired officer of the Armed Forces of the United States."

Replies (19)

• RocknRoll - is this the US Code and Law for common folk like you and me? Or the one for elite politicians?

:-)

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sun, May 22, 2016, at 4:41 PM
  • Sounds like a Sandy "Sloppy" Burger story. Hillary will get the same punishment for mishandling Government documents knowingly or not.

Right?

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, May 22, 2016, at 4:46 PM
  • We're you to read carefully, you could figure it out. You guys are too smart to need any help.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sun, May 22, 2016, at 5:19 PM
  • I think Commie is going to give a pass on Hillary's guilt on the word "willfully" - destroying emails on a hard drive is an "accident"? Or is it willful?

Always looking for a way out for your "D" aren't you? It doesn't get any more criminal than what Hillary has done.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sun, May 22, 2016, at 5:59 PM
  • We're you to read carefully, you could figure it out. You guys are too smart to need any help.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sun, May 22, 2016, at 5:19 PM

Commie,

If you are going to hang your hat on "willfully".... I believe having her own server set up will take care of "willfully".

I think you are going to try and say she was too stupid to have done it on purpose.... right?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, May 22, 2016, at 9:07 PM
  • Uncle Joe Biden is sitting on go waiting for the Feds to do in Lying Crooked Hillary.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sun, May 22, 2016, at 9:11 PM
  • Maybe you should try asking "Lyin' Duggie," he knows everything.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sun, May 22, 2016, at 9:23 PM
  • he knows everything. -- Posted by commonsensematters on Sun, May 22, 2016, at 9:23 PM

Not everything, but one h*** of a lot more than you do.

Of course it doesn't take much to know more than you do considering your only source is Obama or www.whitehouse.gov

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sun, May 22, 2016, at 10:00 PM
  • USA Government words hiss from a snake's tongue .

"This is what it says , but what it really meant was ...."

I know only so well .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, May 22, 2016, at 10:22 PM
  • The USA has bigger problems then US Code Title 18 Section 2071 .

Which inept , low life President would allow a member of the Islamic state and al Qaida -- yes , the 9/11 al Qaida -- into America for a visit to Washington DC ? A known terrorist ?

Yes , one Barack H. Obama .

US Senators were accused of being traitors and treason during the Iran Nuke deal , what does this qualify the President of the United States of America as being ?

Syrian rebel whose group is linked to al Qaida visited U.S.

WASHINGTON —

A senior figure from a Syrian rebel group with links to al Qaida was allowed into the United States for a brief visit, raising questions about how much the Obama administration will compromise in the search for partners in the conflict.

His previously undisclosed visit is a delicate matter for both sides – the conservative Salafist insurgents risk their credibility with even perceived ties to the United States, and the U.S. government risks looking soft on screenings by allowing entry to a member of an Islamist paramilitary force.

National security analysts say U.S. authorities likely knew of Nahhas’ arrival – intelligence agencies for years have watched his group’s interactions with al Qaida’s Syrian branch, the Nusra Front.

That suggests that authorities granted him entry at a time when U.S. immigration authorities face political pressure to block visitors with even tenuous ties to extremist groups. Four months after Nahhas entered the United States on a European passport, U.S. authorities denied entry to a well-known Syrian humanitarian leader who had been approved to visit Washington to receive an award from international aid groups.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/national/national-security/article7...

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, May 22, 2016, at 10:41 PM
  • The hiss of a snake...

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Sun, May 22, 2016, at 10:41 PM
  • Roughly 242 days and 3 1/2 hours until our reigning muslim is out of office.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, May 23, 2016, at 8:29 AM
  • Posted by Rick. on Sun, May 22, 2016, at 10:41 PM

The words "likely knew" doesn't mean that they did know. It is definitely an assumption that they knew. I guess that makes it ok.

Ain't that just Ducky?!!!!

-- Posted by Iamhere on Mon, May 23, 2016, at 9:07 AM
  • "US Code Title 18 Section 2071"

This would include half of the Government workers , Hillary will just slide right on by ...

The Democrats awarded Hillary all of the Super-Delegates , whatever or whoever that is , before any other candidate entered the race . It's the big money saying "this is who we want as President." She'll owe them big time and they'll get it back too .

It worked great for Obama in 2008 and 2012 .

Hillary gets to say , "I'm something new and different , I'm a woman." Just like Obama said , "I'm something new and different , I'm black." Hillary learned the lesson well .

The Republicans are getting torn apart by their very own animal , a goat , better known as Trump .

The Democrats have been torn apart by their very own animal , a jack axx , better known as an Obamberal . Hillary has climbed on top of the jack axx for the ride .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Mon, May 23, 2016, at 2:34 PM
  • Iamhere

I believe the European passport let the secret out , somebody had to over ride the passport security block .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Mon, May 23, 2016, at 2:45 PM
  • Am I not surprised common hasn't much to say? Didn't take long to cough up something tho. I actually was made aware of that US code by a staunch Clinton supportor. He used to make Scopus sound like Reagan. Still a loyal Dem but has finally gotten fed up with Clinton. He,as any progressive Democrat should is rallying behind Sanders. Like him or not Sanders is the one who has walked the walk. Picking clinton over Sanders,if one claims to be a Progressive,just proves they are a fraud.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Mon, May 23, 2016, at 3:33 PM
  • When I see Hillary ranting and raving on the TV about whatever , it reminds me of our dog sleeping on the farm . It would yawn , slowly stand up , walk in a circle , and then lay right back down where it was .

-- Posted by Rick Scaggs on Mon, May 23, 2016, at 3:44 PM
  • "...hasn't much to say?"

What is your question. What I said was that it was necessary to read carefully, but apparently even the brilliant "Lyin' Duggie" can't figure it out.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Mon, May 23, 2016, at 7:37 PM
  • Why in the world would I or anyone have to confir with someone about the fact you are a fraud supporting a fraud?

-- Posted by rocknroll on Mon, May 23, 2016, at 9:34 PM

Respond to this thread