- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
This photograph of Main and Themis streets in downtown Cape Girardeau was possibly made about 1929. The clock on the corner of Sturdivant Bank, at right, was removed in 1939. In the background is Common Pleas Courthouse. At left is the St. Charles Hotel. In February 1967, the hotel was razed to make room for the Sterling variety store. Below is a recent view of the area.