- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
The student body of Cape Girardeau Central High School gathered in front of the school along Caruthers Avenue in 1964.
The following item from Out of the Past, Sept. 18, 2014, might describe the scene:
Central High School students are caught between morning rain and a bomb scare; an anonymous bomb ruse causes the school to be evacuated while authorities search the building; heavy rain drenches many pupils and teachers before they are allowed to return to the school.
Ken Steinhoff was on the scene. See more in his blog: