- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
From the children's picture book, "Alexander and the Windup Mouse," the Cape Girardeau Public Library equipped a Volkswagen to resemble a windup mouse. The mouse visited eight elementary schools with librarians telling stories to the children after school during National Library Week.
April 21, 1971 Southeast Missourian
Willy, a huge "mouse" on four wheels, scooting onto the front yard of Jefferson School Tuesday afternoon with Mrs. Nancy Archer, children's librarian, seated on left bumper, and her assistant, Mrs. Susan Lynch, on the right, gets the full attention of children leaving the school. The women from the Public Library were at the school as part of the observance of National Library Week.