- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
The automobiles are parked on Fountain street between the Hotel IdanHa, at left, and the old post office or federal building on the right. Behind the post office is the Marquette Hotel. Byron's gift shop is located on the ground floor at the corner of Broadway and Fountain. A closeup of the photo, below, shows the awning of the store. (G.D. Fronabarger photo)
The sign on the hotel lists room rates of $1.25, $1.50 and $2.
Across from the hotel is the Himmelberger-Harrison building. The clock which is visible at the corner of the building was installed in 1939.
Read more about the clock in this previous blog:
Read about the history of the IdanHa Hotel in this previous blog:
Read about the history of the old post office in this previous blog:
Read about the history of the Marquette Hotel in this previous blog:
Dec. 8, 1947 Southeast Missourian
Monogrammed stationery--Many styles and patterns. 89c up. Byron's, Marquette Hotel Bldg.
Dec. 8, 1948 Southeast Missourian
We gift wrap and ship gifts safely, visit our store and browse around. Byron's, Marquette Hotel Bldg.