- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
The Steamer Golden Eagle passes Cape Girardeau on the Mississippi River in this undated photo. Built in 1904 as the William Garg, it was sold to Eagle Packet Co. in 1918 and rebuilt for the St. Louis trade. The boat was renamed Golden Eagle.
In 1935, it was further modified for use in the tourist business. The Golden Eagle sank May 18, 1947 near Grand Tower Island.