- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
Jan. 13, 1960 Southeast Missourian
It isn't spring, but Cape Girardeau school pupils, catching a hint from the abnormally high temperatures here in the middle of January, make like it's spring. These youngsters, most of them coatless, were having a time releasing pent-up energy on a jungle gym at Jefferson School. (G.D. Fronabarger photo)
The temperature reached 70 degrees on that day.
Two days later, the recorded high temperature on Jan. 15, 1960 was 41 degrees.