- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
While waiting to photograph some women modeling furs at Hecht's store on Main Street in August, 1980, I shot a couple of photos of an occupied round sofa in the store.
Today, Hecht's is gone, but the round sofa has another life at the Arts Council of Southeast Missouri in downtown Cape Girardeau.
The exterior of Hecht's store is shown next door to Minnen's in this blog:
Read about Hecht's history in this 2003 Southeast Missourian story: