- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
A wildebeest struts its stuff in the ring during the first day of the 5-H Ranch exotic animal auction on April 19, 1990. Auction owner Dave Hale, top center, oversees the sale. (Fred Lynch photo)
A $3 visitor pass was sold for the first time at the auction and a free shuttle bus was running from Cape Girardeau motels to the 5-H Ranch.
"These are just some ways to generate some local interest and a little bit of revenue," said Maxine Hale.
She and her husband, Dave, hosted the auction twice a year.