- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
Connie Crete was a figure atop a sign at Cape Ready Mix in Cape Girardeau, as seen in this 1980 photo.
Cape Ready Mix was started by Clarence Shirrell in 1951 on Independence just east of West End Blvd. The company moved to 513 S. Kingshighway in 1956.
The Connie Crete sign came down when the company moved to a new plant at a location off Highway 61 between Cape Girardeau and Jackson in 1986.