- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
G.D. Fronabarger shot this scene during the 1947 Mississippi River flood of north Main Street looking south at the shoe factory, seen at left.
Hirsch's Super Market No. 2 at North Main and Mill streets is seen on the right.
A sign can be seen for the Curve Cafe, 635 North Main.
Today the area is nearby the Isle Casino Cape Girardeau.
April 5, 1960 Southeast Missourian
Gave Food to Men Working on Levee Job
Food which was handed out to the men working this weekend on the temporary dike construction in the shoe factory area, was supplied by Norman Stallings of the Curve Cafe and Ralph Bowerman of the meat department of the Fairway store, it was pointed out today. The levee and sandbags are going in to keep out river water around the shoe factory, expected when the river reaches a peak stage.
Mr. Stallings said he appreciated the effort that was being made as to the river, and the refreshments were handed out free to the workers.