- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
April 4, 1958 Southeast Missourian
Balmy weather brings out the energy in youngsters. These pupils at Franklin School, Thursday, keep the swings going during the play periods, while hundreds of others busy themselves on the school grounds in various games. (G.D. Fronabarger photos)
March 26, 1956 Southeast Missourian
At Franklin School, a game of hop-scotch goes along with the first appearance of spring and temperatures in the 70s. Here, from the left, Madeline Graham, Linda McDowell and Patricia Goodman engage in the school-ground pastime as Brad Wilson looks on from the background.
The old playground area is now a parking lot in front of the new school building.