- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
Here are close-up sections of an aerial photo made by G.D. Fronabarger in the 1950s. Each has a link to a previous blog about the building.
Arena Park is seen to the left.
The photo below shows General Sign Co., at left, next to the Seven Up Bottling Co. plant at Broadway and Kingshighway.
According to a Southeast Missourian story May 28, 1953, the 7-Up plant opened here in 1947. Its output at that time was 2000 cases, or 48,000 bottles, a day. If laid end to end, they would reach from the plant southward on Highway 61 to the Scott County line.
The local plant served an area from Festus south to the Arkansas border and from the river west to Ellington.