- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
The parking lot is filled at the Town Plaza sometime after the grand opening of the shopping center in August 1960. The aerial photo by G.D. Fronabarger is looking east from over Kingshighway. The river is at the top. William street is at the right of the parking lot.
In this closer section, Central High School is at the top. In the center is Semo Body & Salvage Co., 2003 Independence St. This area would later become the site of Plaza Galleria and the present Walmart Neighborhood Market.
Here are more Town Plaza aerial photos with links to Town Plaza topics: