- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
The front window of Gladish-Walker Furniture Co., 633 Good Hope, is seen in this undated photo by G.D. Fronabarger.
Carl "Jack" Gladish owned and operated the business with Barrett Walker. The store opened in 1931 (see timeline below) and closed in 1969.
This picture was made in March, 1961 when the Midtown Shopping Center was undergoing renovation.
The building at 633 Good Hope collapsed July 3, 2014. Here is a photo with story:
May 1, 1968 Southeast Missourian advertisement: