- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
Egypt Mills School was built in 1891. It served the community of Egypt Mills until it was consolidated with other rural schools to form the Nell Holcomb School District in 1960. The picture was made by G.D. Fronabarger in the 1950s.
Jan. 30, 1929 Southeast Missourian
School at Egypt Mills Gets Piano from Cape College
Sixteen pupils of the Egypt Mills school have made excellent grades in spelling the past month, according to their teacher, Miss Nell Holcomb. They are: Lillian Heise, Walter Reiman, Edwin Rubel, Albert Brockmire, Amos Harmon, William Schumacher, Glenn Brockmire, Lester Hengst, Glenn Niedling, Morris Randol, Edna Maevers, Louise Miller, Retha Tricky, Ernestine Hahn, Dorothy Noland and Sterling Miller.
The school has recently purchased a piano from the Teachers College at Cape Girardeau, the teacher reports, and the pupils are enjoying its use.
In 1984, the Egypt Mills School was turned over to the East County Fire Protection District for a ceremonial demolition with a controlled burn.