- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
The Blomeyer junction is shown looking south on Highway 25 with the Cities Service station, probably in the late 1950s. (G.D. Fronabarger photo)
July 10, 1958 Southeast Weekly Bulletin
New Service Station Opens at Blomeyer
A.C. Schwab of Cape Girardeau, wholesale representative for the Cities Service Oil company, has announced that John (Calvin) Bumgardaner, former mechanic for the Wiethop's Truck Sales, 20 South Sprigg, is now operating the newly constructed Cities Service station at Blomeyer Junction.
A Grand Opening date will be announced in the near future.
Bumgardaner, prior to his employment at Wiethop's, operated a Cities Service station for a number of years at Cottage Hills, Ill., and is experienced in the field of automotive mechanics and filling station management.
He is a Navy veteran of World War II and served a lengthy tour of active duty in the Pacific Theater.
He invites his many acquaintances to stop in and see him at his new business where they will be assured of prompt, courteous and efficient service in all their automotive and mechanical needs.