- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
G.D. Fronabarger took this aerial photo of Broadway with Houck Field House under construction in 1950. The original building burned Feb. 17, 1948.
Werner's Market can be seen at 1192 Broadway just east of Henderson Avenue. Across Broadway is a Texaco gas station. The 1951 city directory lists Hoppy's Service Station, 1189 Broadway, and across Henderson is Tom Sawyer Station, 1201 Broadway. In 1954 it was Askew's Service Station.
The building to the east of the Texaco station would become Wimpy's Wigwam in 1962, opening in the former Kilgore Drug Store and Restaurant. In 1968, Pagliai's Pizza would open there.
Sharp eyes might see the old streetcar rails running down the middle of Broadway. They were paved over in 1968.