- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
This is a picture of Seabaugh's Bar, 637 Broadway, that was taken by G.D. Fronabarger. It was located on the corner next to Sprigg Street in Cape Girardeau. The buildings at 635-637 Broadway were renovated in 2012.
The 1962 and 1964 city directories list Seabaugh's Bar, owned by Levi M. Seabaugh.
Next door at 635 Broadway, the directories list Seabaugh's Cafe, owned by Mrs. Merle P. and Cleveland B. Seabaugh.
In prior years, city directories list Grojean's Grocery and Market in 1951, Vic's Bar in 1954 and 1956, Joe's Place in 1958 and 1960.
In 1965, the building became Smitty's Tavern.
Prior to Seabaugh's Cafe, it was the Toasted Shop in 1960. Later it was Wilma's Toasted Shop in 1965.
The structure, known as the Julius Vasterling building, was renovated in 2012 when it was 143 years old. Here is a recent picture with the story: