- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
Brinkopf-Howell Funeral Home was founded in 1906 as Brinkopf Furniture and Undertaking Co. In 1924 Mr. Brinkopf purchased the Phillipson residence at 536 Broadway and renovated it to become Brinkopf Funeral Home. This was the first funeral home building to be used between St. Louis, Mo. and Memphis, Tenn.
In 1930, daughter Erna married Mr. Joe G. Howell, and shortly thereafter assumed ownership of the funeral home and the name became Brinkopf-Howell Funeral Home.
When Mr. and Mrs. Henry W. Grossheider and their son Neal H. Grossheider, president, purchased the funeral home the name then became Brinkopf-Howell Funeral Home, Inc.
In 1975, Lester R. Burchyett, Sr., vice president, and Joe L. Lowes, vice president, became stockholders of the corporation.
--from Area Business and History, June 21, 1984 Southeast Missourian
The site is now Annie Laurie's Antiques.