- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
July 12, 1957 Southeast Missourian advertisement
G.D. Tenkhoff wishes to announce the Grand Opening of the Sea Drift.
Located at 801 Broadway, adjacent to the new and enlarged Tenkhoff Pharmacy.
Where Friends Mingle in Pleasant Surroundings.
Refreshing Drinks - Finer Foods - Delicious Sandwiches
Tenkhoff Pharmacy opened at 801 Broadway in 1943. The building had been occupied by the county Office of Civilian Defense.
Tenkhoff moved from 630 Good Hope. The Unnerstall Drug Store, 628 Good Hope, expanded to the former Tenkhoff location.
On Jan. 1, 1964, Tenkhoff Pharmacy became Bill's Pharmacy, owned by Bill Smirl, who later moved the business to 735 Broadway.
Shakey's Pizza Parlor and Ye Public House opened at 801 Broadway on July 1, 1968. The building was heavily damaged by fire in 1981 and never repaired. It was demolished in 1994 and the site became a parking lot for Kerasotes Theaters, which owned the adjacent Broadway Theater.