- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
North Main Street supported many of the early industries in Cape Girardeau. In the center of this circa 1929 photo was the C.J. Reisenbichler & Co. Lumber & Mill Works. Across the street was Ruehmann Hide and Fur.
North of that building was the streetcar barn and then Cape Girardeau Sand Co. The tall building in the background was the shoe factory. The photo was published on Oct. 3, 1929 in the Southeast Missourian's 25th anniversary edition.