- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
The Beacon Light of Simpson
..."Keeps 'em rolling along"
That was the headline on a full-page ad in the Feb. 17, 1960 Achievement Edition of the Southeast Missourian for Simpson Oil Co.
This picture shows Simpson's Colonial Service Station on Highway 61 at Broadway which opened that year with larger facilities and 24-hour service.
The company also operated the Colonial Tavern next to the service station. Read about it in this previous blog: