- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
The Nash Road industrial complex area is seen with Hardware Wholesalers Inc. in the foreground of this aerial photo that was taken in the early 1970s. The 200,000-square-foot HWI facility was constructed in 1971.
A 1976 advertisement noted the company supplied over 500 member stores in 13 states with over 30,000 hardware and building items from a fleet of 25 HWI trailers. The company had expanded its Cape Girardeau plant to 360,000 square feet.
The Greater Cape Girardeau Industrial Development Corporation was formed in 1959 for the purpose of making land for industrial use available for development.