- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
Oct. 1, 1962 Southeast Missourian advertisement
Frederick Street - Built of Concrete in 1912
Half Century Concrete in Front of Trinity Lutheran Church
Frederick Street has given fine service for 50 years and will continue to serve for many more years. New developments in concrete construction guarantee even longer life for future pavements.
Frederick Street is typical of many of Cape Girardeau's old concrete streets. Continued use of concrete will assure the city of a good street system for years to come.
Take a ride on Frederick Street. You'll see there has been practically no maintenance in 50 years of constant use. This is true of almost all of the concrete streets in Cape Girardeau.
Long-life concrete is the economical pavement for Cape Girardeau taxpayers.
McDonald Co., Inc.
Cape Ready Mix Co.