- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
Men, at left, gathered at the door of the Arcade Saloon at the southeast corner of Main and Themis streets in Cape Girardeau in this undated photo likely taken in the early 1900s.
The sidewalks look new. The building at northeast corner was The Boss, gents furnishings, with John Boss and John Sackmann proprietors. Their business opened at that location in Feb. 1896.
Common Pleas Courthouse is seen in the background.
Across the street from The Boss is the Studivant Bank.