- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
Frisco freight depot, south of the passenger depot, between Water and Main streets. circa 1950s (G.D. Fronabarger photo)
Just five years after the Frisco passenger station was razed, the Frisco freight depot at Aquamsi and William streets was demolished in 1965. Photo made in 1960.
April 2, 1965 Southeast Missourian
The Frisco Railroad freight depot, at Aquamsi and Good Hope, is in the last stages of demolition. A landmark since the beginning of the century, the depot is making way for new freight tracks to be installed by the railroad.