- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
Cape Girardeau Fire Chief Harry Rabe is seated in the fire engine in this early photo by G.D. Fronabarger from the 1930s.
Fire Prevention Week was established to commemorate the Great Chicago Fire of 1871 that killed more than 250 people.
In 1920, President Woodrow Wilson issued the first National Fire Prevention Day proclamation. Since 1922, Fire Prevention Week has been observed on the Sunday through Saturday period in which October 9 falls.