- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
May 4, 1963 Southeast Missourian
Richard Graham, eighth grade pupil at St. Mary's Grade School, captain of the school safety patrol, stops traffic on busy South Sprigg. For his conscientious work on the patrol, Richard has been chosen as the Honor Patrol Member of the Week. As captain, Richard experiences heavy responsibility, since Sprigg is one of the most heavily traveled streets in the city. (G.D. Fronabarger photo)
Note the hanging baskets of roses on the utility poles.
National Food Store is in the background.
The flag was provided by the Cape Girardeau Jaycees.