- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
The old Cape Girardeau Police Department and Fire Station No. 1 at Independence and Frederick streets are shown in this undated photograph by G.D. Fronabarger.
The building was erected in 1909.
The police station moved into the former Grace United Methodist Church at Independence and Sprigg St. in 1960.
The old police/fire station is now the Cape River Heritage Museum.