- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
G.D. Fronabarger was not known for his sports photography.
Using a 4x5 Speed Graphic with flash bulbs was a far cry from today's modern equipment.
This is the best action photo we have found from Frony's small cache of basketball photos.
The photo was taken at the Class B state tournament at Houck Field House and published March 10, 1955 in the Southeast Missourian. Here is the caption:
Kearney was small, but scrappy in tournament play, and Chris Rauchle is thrown off balance with a hip toss by Montgomery City’s Ken Hauskins. From the left are Larry Lanham of Montgomery City, Jim Reed of Montgomery City, and Don and Tom Shelton of Montgomery City.