- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
This picture of the traffic bridge over the Mississippi River at Cape Girardeau was made by Steve Robertson.
The photo had a long run in the Southeast Missourian beginning May 1, 1971.
Readers could easily find short items in "All Around the Town" on Page 2 with this daily 1-column photo header.
The bridge stood for 76 years and was demolished in 2004, after the new Bill Emerson Memorial Bridge was opened.
A history of the bridge is presented in this previous blog:
More blogs with photos of the traffic bridge: