- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
On Oct. 17, 1932, big-game hunter Denver Wright and his party were having dinner after releasing two lions on a small island in the Mississippi River near Commerce, Mo.
Unknown to them, five men launched a rented boat toward the island four hours after the lions were released.
One was a Scott County deputy sheriff. Two were newspaper reporters, and one of them was Garland D. Fronabarger.
Frony tells his version of what happened in this audio slideshow.