- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
This is one of the last "first train ride" photos taken in Cape Girardeau.
The Frisco railroad closed the passenger depot, located north of the pumping station, seen in the background.
For a while passengers boarded the train from the freight depot which was to the south.
April 1, 1961 Southeast Missourian
It was train ride time again Friday for another group of Cub Scouts, this one made up of 32 members of Pack 16 of Jefferson School. The group boarded a noon passenger train and went to Chaffee, where the children were met by cars and brought to Cape. Accompanying the youngsters were Mrs. Henry Umfleet, Mrs. Marvin Saub, Mrs. Stacy Gearing and Mrs. Paul Kesterson.