- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
March 29, 1962 Southeast Missourian
Central High School's golf team opens the season Saturday at Kennett in what is hoped is the beginning of the school's best campaign on the links. Members of the team, from the left, Jim Waltz, Kenneth McElreath, Robert Brinkopf, Dick Wadlington, Tom Spitzmiller, Jim Reynolds, Mike Long, Cris Collie, Bill Oppenheim and Mike Busch.
In 1964, the Central High golf team won the state championship. That state squad included these members from the 1962 team: Jim (J. Fred) Waltz, Jim Reynolds and Mike Long. The fourth member was Mike Gray. The golf coach was Payne Muir.
The July 6 blog has been updated with the background of the USS Lorain County (LST-1177) which passed by the Cape Girardeau riverfront in 1958.
The original caption identified the ship as a freighter.