- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
Neighbors on Janet Street pose for a picture at a family block party that Frony photographed for the Aug. 22, 1960 Southeast Missourian.
Family Block Parties Popular; Janet Street Residents Gather
Neighborliness is spreading fast in Cape Girardeau and residents, among them many newcomers to the city, are joining in block, or street, parties to get acquainted. Another such party was held Sunday evening on Janet street in the northwestern part of the city where two years ago there was only the broad expanse of fields.