- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
This photo was taken about 1929 and shows the southeast corner of Good Hope and Sprigg Street in Cape Girardeau.
Businesses include Kinder's Drug Store, R.E. Beckman Groceries and Fresh Meat, Miller & Fischer Grocery and Meat Market with Farmers & Merchants Bank across the street.
July 20, 1925 Southeast Missourian
Who is Your Skinny Friend, Mabel?
Tell him to take Cod Liver Oil for a couple of months and get enough good healthy flesh on his bones to look like a real man.
Tell him he won't have to swallow the nasty oil with the nauseating fishy taste, because the McCoy Laboratories, of New York, are now putting up Cod Liver Oil in sugar coated tablet form.
Ask for McCoy's Cod Liver Oil Compound Tablets -- Kinder's Drug Store, Holloway's Drug Store, Finney's Pharmacy and every druggist worthy the name sells them -- 60 tablets -- 60 cents. Any man or woman can put on five pounds of healthy flesh in 30 days or your druggist will willingly refund the purchase price.
One woman put on 15 pounds in six weeks. Children grow robust and strong.
"Get McCoy's, the original and genuine Cod Liver Oil Tablet."