- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
A streetcar on Good Hope Street approaches the intersection with Sprigg Street in this photograph taken about 1929. The view is looking to the east.
Cofer's on the corner was a men's clothing store built in 1923.
Streetcars operated in Cape Girardeau until 1934.
Kroger Grocery Store is next door to Cofer's. Further down is Unnerstall's Drug Store. A barber shop has a sign promoting its shower baths.
Dec.28, 1923 Southeast Missourian
Charles Cofer Now at His New Location
Charles Cofer, Good Hope street men's furnishing store proprietor, today had completed the removal of his stock of goods from 631 Good Hope street to the corner of Good Hope and Sprigg streets, in a new building recently erected there by Charles Moeder.
Cofer will occupy the first floor, while the second is given over to offices.
(Cofer established the business in 1915. He sold it to Leon Haman in 1956. It later became Schade's Men's Wear.)