- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
Traffic moves toward Jackson on North Kingshighway at the city limits of Cape Girardeau sometime in the 1950s when there was little commercial development there. (G.D. Fronabarger photo)
The view is looking south and the hill leads up to the present Kurre Lane. At the left is Kingsway Drive. In 2012, Plaza Tire Service is located on the site of the block building.
The census for Cape Girardeau in 1950 was 21,578.