- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
Frony shot this picture of the Top Value Stamps Redemption Store in downtown Cape Girardeau, date unknown.
The store at 127 N. Main is listed in the 1956 and 1960 city directories. By 1962, the store had moved to 2146 William, next to the new Kroger supermarket on the west end of Town Plaza. The store is listed there in the 1968 directory.
Nov. 19, 1959 Southeast Missourian advertisement
"The best gifts in life are free for Top Value Stamps"
Your Top Value Redemption Store has just the right Christmas gift for every member of your family. You'll find everything from beautiful jewelry to sporting goods...gifts bearing America's most popular, famous brand names. And they're all yours...free for Top Value Stamps.
Top Value Enterprise, Inc.
127 N. Main
Cape Girardeau, Mo.
Did you know that the Top Value elephant had a name? Toppie.