- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
This downtown scene in Cape Girardeau was shot by G.D. Fronabarger in the early 1950s.
The 1954 city directory lists these stores which can be seen on the east side of North Main Street at Independence:
Hutson Furniture Co., 2-4; Western Auto Supply, 6; Bahn Bros. Hardware, 10-14; Montgomery Ward, 18-24; Ross Young & Sons clothing, 24.
On the west side these stores can be seen:
F.W. Woolworth Co., 1-3; J.C. Penney Co., 5-7; J.J. Newberry Co., 11-15; Schiff's Big Shoe Store, 17; Gately's Department Store, 19; Brokerage Department Store, 25-27.