- -30- then and now (8/22/18)2
- Meet Mable at Mable's Cafe in Chaffee (8/20/18)
- Willow Grove Rockets Skate Club (8/15/18)
- Central Municipal Pool built in 1979 (8/13/18)
- Hecht's Store founder returns to Main street (8/8/18)
- Land acquired to build SEMO Port (8/6/18)
- St. Vincent's Seminary ends after 136 years (8/1/18)
It is Children's Day at the SEMO District Fair in this undated photo by G.D. Fronabarger. The carnival midway has three Ferris wheels.
Sept. 11, 1950 Southeast Missourian advertisement
Sunset Amusement Co. Carnival at the SEMO District Fair
All Week, Sept. 11-16
16 Big Rides, including
Dogem, Train, Glider, Octopus, C-Cruise, Spitfire, Roto-Whip, Caterpillar, Roll-O-Plane, Kiddie Rides, Tilt-A-Whirl, Merry-Go-Round, Triple Ferris Wheels.
10 High Class Shows
HEY KIDS! All carnival rides only 9 cents each ride, up to 6 p.m. on Children's Days, Thursday and Friday, of Fair Week.